Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mardi Gras Beads

Mardi Gras is French for Fat Tuesday, it is a series of event of celebrations/parades before Ash Wednesday.
I don't know in detail about Mardi Gras because honestly it has nothing to do with me.

All I know is that there will be a lot of partying and celebrating for 4 conservative weeks before Ash Wednesday comes.
And the finale is the final weekend, and of course, the weekend I was at Nola.

The parades were wonderful.
I was fascinated on how people can continue to scream and scream even after hours and hours, even when almost all the Krewes were similar to each other.
Krews @ Crew tu macam group on the parade ride.

And not to worry, like Malaysia, dekat sini pun ada 'pihak pembangkang' juga. I was walking and came across this group of Protestors, and they were preaching devils and saints, etc.
Heh. Cool.

During Mardi Gras, there's this tradition of throwing beads.
So as the spectator you're supposed to collect these beads (for whatever reason.)
And there's a myth that if you 'flash' you will get the most beads. HAHAHAHA

And true enough, I saw quite few 'flashing' myself.
It was funny.

H was happy.
LOL.

But honestly, I got SO many beads that day,
the Krewe even gave me a bag to put all the bloody beads, and oi, I didn't flash, of course.

H & I were just so strategically located, and the Krewe just loves us (especially me, roll your eyes now) so much maybe because I look like I'm 14 years old and is out of place.

I should probably be in the Krewe next year because I think I have enough supply to give to the spectators.

No comments: